Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Date You Were Born On

Had a recent birthday.  Received calls from family and friends, and lots of nice messages on Facebook.  Got a few e-cards too.  Several companies I buy from know the date of my birth so they sent me some formula birthday greetings.  Got one from my home and auto insurance office--never met her.

And then I got this, from a radio station in Minneapolis that I often listen to online:




Genius! 

I don't know them and they don't know me but it looks like Sarah Jane   http://sarahjanesbakery.com/ would like to meet me.  And she's willing to give me six FREE cupcakes to start our relationship, with no strings attached.

When you click on her site, there she is...it's Sarah Jane!  She looks like she cares, doesn't she?   She looks authentic.  Spend some time on her site, read 'About Us.'  You'll quickly realize that she's your mom, your aunt, or your childhood neighbor.  The site, the pictures, the words -- authentic, schmaltzy, genuine.

If I lived in Minneapolis I'd be placing my order today and I bet Sarah Jane would have a customer for life.

The next time your company wants to acknowledge a customer's date of birth, why not partner with someone who can do more than that.  Find someone who can help you say HAPPY BIRTHDAY...and mean it.  They'll thank you for the connection.

I really feel (not just think) that Sarah Jane wants me to have a Happy Birthday.  And she's pretty sure that her cupcakes will do the trick.   I feel she's right.

Oh, and FREE always works.  Because when done right, it doesn't cost a thing.

No comments: