Sunday, August 21, 2011

Logo Storytelling


A logo tells a story.  Good one's are unique, credible, consistent, and offer a benefit I care about.





If I saw this logo, from a distance, I'd know who it was even if I couldn't read the words.

The use of a comment box in place of an apostrophe -- brilliant.  The font isn't remarkable in and of itself, but it's so simple that it makes me feel that Angie's List is too.  So it is remark-able.  It's worth spreading.

Unique?  Nothing like it.
Credible?  Yes.  A list of service providers with honest comments from customers.
Consistent?  Always.
Benefit to me?  Yes, if I need a plumber, an electrician, or a dentist I can count on the list of reviews from others like me.

And in my subconscious, it's all directed toward me.  It's not about them.

All of that -- in two words.

And Angie helps make it all come together.  She appears to be honest, caring, and one heck of a good businesswoman.

What story does your logo tell?  Because no matter what it looks like, it does tell a story.  The question is -- does it tell the story your potential customers want to hear and see?
__________________________________________________________________________________
Helpful?  Insightful?  Worth spreading?  Hope so.  Please share this -- it'll make you feel good :-)



 



No comments: