Thursday, October 6, 2011

Losing Jobs

Yesterday, we lost Steve Jobs.

In one quote he summed up his life, your life, my life:


"Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."


I'm typing this on my MacBook Pro.  This morning I read The Wall Street Journal on my iPad.  In a few minutes, I'll get in my car and plug my iPhone into my car's audio system and listen to any radio station in the world, via an app.  Or maybe I'll listen to the music I've downloaded from iTunes.


Steve and his Team make all of this possible.  They make it much easier for me to follow my heart -- as a writer, learner, connector.


So, what if...
You ignored all external expectations, all pride, and all fears of embarrassment?


What if...
You wrote down your dreams and your passions -- and what it would feel like to achieve them?


And then, what if...
You followed your heart?


I think you'd realize that...
Your potential is limitless, regardless of circumstance. 


There will only be one Steve Jobs.  But if you visit an orchard this fall, you'll realize there are an unlimited amount of Apples.


And one of them has your name on it.


Pick it.







No comments: